Welsh Presbyterian (Calvinistic Methodist) Chapel, Station Road, Weston Rhyn
The foundation stone on this chapel (which was reported in the Shrewsbury Chronicle of 17th November 1871, to have been designed by Mr Spaull and built by Messrs Morris & Chaplin) is dated 1871. The chapel was still being built in November 1871 but its date of opening is not yet known. The building replaced the previous chapel (called the Lodge Chapel) which was built in 1811, and could accommodate about 200 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 54 worshippers at their morning service and 86 at their evening one, plus 59 Sunday scholars in the afternoon. The present chapel is believed to be still in use as a place of worship in 2016.
Grid ref: SJ283357