Wistanswick Congregational (now U.R.C.) Chapel
A small stone-built chapel (with two acres of land attached, used as a burial ground) was erected in 1802 at the expence of the Rev. John Wilson of Market Drayton. It was licensed at the county quarter sessions in October 1802.The chapel was put in trust by his son in 1833. In 1851 the chapel had seating for 150 worshippers. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 120 worshippers at their afternoon service and 60 at their evening one. There were also 50 Sunday scholars. The building was considerably enlarged in the early 1860s, and a manse was added in 1873. Most unusually it has two entrances with their doors facing one-another, and a double-gabled east wall. It was still in use in 2001.
Grid ref: SJ 668288.