MINUTES FOR THE ROYAL NAVAL PHOTOGRAPHERS ASSOCIATION

COMMITTEE MEETING HELD AT SFPU (E) HMS EXCELLENT PORTSMOUTH ON

MONDAY 12th MARCH 2012 AT 1100

 

 

Present:

               Jan Larcombe –acting chairman            

               Ray Whitehouse                              H. King

               S. King                                         Amanda Reynolds.

Apologies

               

    Ian Hooper

                Richie Moss

                Paul Cowpe

                                   

Jan Larcombe welcomed all to the committee meeting. 

               Steve King to act as Secretary.

 

Item 1.

  Minutes of previous meeting held 24TH September 2011

             Minutes approved and duly signed by Jan Larcombe

 

Item 2.  Matters Arising.  Covered below.

 

Item 3   Secretary’s Report

 

Grog Tub: Ian said that Danny has Grog tub at the moment and that they were having trouble getting the Brass Plate sorted.

Jan to contact Danny and have tub sent to Steve.

Ray to sort Brass Plate.

 

Jan had asked Ian to forward the Secretaries pack. He has sent Jan 5 sets of Minutes.

Jan had searched Pete Newton’s files and had only found one more set in the  Historic files.

It was agreed to accept that we do not have a full set of all the Minutes from the start but will press on with what we do have.

 

 

Item 4 Treasurers Report.

           

            Account is pretty healthy as of 28th December we had £ 3664.63 and to date we have £4483 .37.

Richie had looked into Direct Debit and stated this was too expensive to set up and we should continue with Standing Order and Cheques.

Many members had not updated their Standing orders

Only 66 Paid up members, Some 13 had not paid the correct amount

Steve to chase up. New email to all email addresses.

 

 

 

 

Item 5   Membership Secretarys Report

 

Steve King stated the new database is now completed and running but needs to master the program. It gives us so much more in what it can reproduce very quickly rather than using Excel to work out information.

 

Membership Cards.

Hilary has now completed making up the cards with reference to treasures report. Hilary has added Single and Joint membership where appropriate.

Discussion on dates of issue and expiry. It was agreed to leave cards as planned.

Committee cards issued, remainder to be sent out.

.

Jan reports he has a list of 1049 photographers who have been on course from 1946 to 2008 in his Historic record.

Amanda agreed to update list from 2008 to present.

Jan to contact all known email addresses asking for further contacts and course details and Steve to add details seeking new members.

 

The cost of running the Association, it was agreed that serving members need to continue to pay if they wish to join.

Amanda to supply email addresses of serving members

 

 

Item 6    Social Secretarys report

 

Ray stated we were in for a busy year and is planning to arrange three major events

 

 

Ray expressed some reservation on returning to previous venues but it was agreed that the reunion would be in late September. Social on Friday night. AGM in the Mariners Club on Saturday afternoon then a Social Reunion in the Boathouse in the evening.

 

Post meeting note

The boat house had become prohibitively expensive and also required payment for a minimum of 120 people. Ray is investigating other venues in the area

 

Late June /July Dedication of RNPA plaque at the Nation Arboretum

There was to be a meeting of the Fly Navy Federation on Friday 16th March 2012 to agree a design for all the plaques.

 

Once this had been agreed a design for plaques the RNPA plaque can be made and a date can be announced. I was agreed that the RNPA plaque should include both the Camera and aeroplane badge designs

Ray to arrange.

 

Possible Event in Bristol or other area

Possible Cosford Reunion

14th June 2012 Falklands 30th Anniversary Service at Yeovilton. Jan expressed an interest in representing the RNPA

 

Item 7   Newsletter.

 

 

Hilary will be issuing the next copy before Easter.

Steve reported new printer is fast and more efficient than inkjet printing. I

 

Item 8

 

Jan had info from Paul Cowpe on the Web site

Some 170 people were registered on the website which, apart from adding the newsletters, was virtually self-running.

Jan suggested we look at an RNPA News Group and would ask Paul to investigate

 

 

Item 9

 

Covered in Item 6

 

Item 10

 

Covered in Item 3

 

 

Item 11   Newton Bell

 

Jan had emailed Stuart three times with no response (Stuart in Libya again). Amanda had had contact on facebook and agreed to try and find out what progress had been made

 

 

Item 12   Tee Shirts and Embroidered Fleece

 

Steve has had two items Embroidered from a company called Whittakers

A sum of £20 was paid for the production of the RNPA Logo. This logo remains on the system and any garments are embroidered for free. One only pays for the items

when purchased

 

Steve showed a Tee shirt and a Fleece with the embroidered Logo.

Both look very good.

 

Steve will contact the company to have a white border added to conform to Navy Design.

 

A display with be put into next Newsletter with full details.

Steve will also look into other items that Logo can be used on.

 

Item 13

 

Danny Du feu. New role.

 

It was agreed by the Committee that Danny would not be a Committee member but would be co-opted when necessary and would continue to produce a display when required if he wished to.

 

Item 12    Constitution

 

Constitution

2009 version. Jan suggested that this be looked at and updated if necessary.

He would review.

 

Item 12

 

Position of Chairman and Secretary.

 

Jan stated no names had been forwarded.

The committee disused this and was agreed that until AGM

Ray Whitehouse would be Acting Chairman

Jan Larcombe to be Acting Secretary.

 

Meeting declared closed at 1308

 

 

No date arranged for next meeting.

 

.