Item Description. Minutes of the RNPA Committee held by Zoom on 15-7-2020
,Date/ Date Range 15-7-2020
Submitted by. Secretary
Now Held By. Secretary
Date Added to site. 22-11-2020
Darbyshire - Chairman
- Social Secretary
- Membership Secretary
- Newsletter Editor
Danny Du Feu
- Exhibitions ,Displays & Cenotaph Co-Ordinator
The Chairman opened the meeting at 17.20 and with all
committee members present, the meeting was quorate.
1. The minutes of the meeting held on 17th June
2020 were approved as being a true and accurate record.
2. Actions arising from the 17th June 2020
The secretary has sent copies of the previous meetings to
Jan Larcombe to add to the Archive.
Contacting members by Steve and Danny is still ongoing
Val will be reimbursing Danny for the wall shields very
shortly following her completion of the yearly Accounts.
Ian has received a copy of the membership Database from
Ray has contacted the hotel in Edinburgh and has re-booked
the reunion for the weekend beginning 8th October 2021. Ray is now putting
together a programme for that event.
Three ideas for a one day social venue for early next year
were suggested by Ray. These were: The Imperial War Museum, London. Whale
Island, Portsmouth and Duxford. He asked the committee for any other suggestions
and requested they were submitted by the end of July.
The membership has been notified of the cancellation of
this year’s reunion.
Tony has written to Julie Richardson with a proposal for
her to join the committee as Recruiting Officer. He is awaiting her reply.
Tony and Steve will discuss updating the website shortly.
Tony and Jan Larcombe are working to put the Archive onto
the RNPA website. Tony suggested that each of the committee members should
receive training on a one to one basis, given by him, to add posts to the
Archive and website. It was agreed for this to take place and Tony will contact
each member individually with suggested dates to give the necessary training.
Tony put forward his view to hold this year’s AGM by
Zoom. The Committee agreed.
Ian and Ray are to work together to prepare the necessary
paperwork, to be sent to Hilary by the end of August, including an invite to the
membership to join in the meeting. This is to be sent out in an AGM specific
newsletter early in September.
It was agreed to hold the AGM in November and Tony will
circulate some proposed dates for consideration by e-mail.
A Dummy run is to be organised to test the implementation
of a Zoom AGM.
Val will finalise the end of year accounts and will meet
with Hilary by Zoom to verify them.
Steve confirmed that he had sent a bereavement card to
Nigel Craft on behalf of the RNPA. Ray asked if anyone had heard from Nigel.
Pete said that he had been in contact and that Nigel seemed his usual self. Pete
has also been in touch with Jan Larcombe, who is slowly recovering from his
Steve will be sending a card to Roy Penny on behalf of the
RNPA on the occasion of his 90th Birthday.
Danny stated that he had received a communication from the
RBL regarding this year’s remembrance parade at the Cenotaph. If it goes
ahead, there will be a reduced attendance. They will contact him nearer the
Tony thanked the secretary for the prompt production of the
minutes of the previous meeting and the actions arising plan.
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 17.58.