Item Description. Minutes Committee meeting by Zoom 7 January 2021

Ship/Place/Originator. Secretary

Date/ Date range

Submitted by. Secretary

Now Held By. Secretary

Date added to archive. 21-10-2021

Historians No. Hist1478  

 Minutes of the meeting 7th January 2021

Venue – by Zoom

In attendance:

Tony Darbyshire         Chairman

Peter Bunting              Vice Chairman

Ian Hooper                  Secretary

Val Darbyshire            Treasurer

Ray Whitehouse          Social Secretary

Danny Du Feu              Social Secretary Elect

Steve King                   Membership Secretary

Hilary King                   Newsletter Editor

Julie Richardson          Recruitment Officer.

 

The Chairman opened the meeting at 19.02 and with all committee members present the meeting was quorate.

1. It was noted that the minutes of the 15th July 2020. Were accepted as a true record. Proposed by Tony Darbyshire and seconded by Pete Bunting.

2. The summary of the meeting of the 7th September 2020 was approved. Proposed by Ray Whitehouse and seconded by Danny Du Feu.

3. Social Secretary’s Report.

Ray reported that the booking forms for the 2021 reunion had been circulated by email and that to date he had received bookings for eleven rooms for a total of Fourteen people. Ray will speak to Steve about sending forms out to members not on email. There was some confusion about whether a deposit should be paid at the time of booking. Ray stated that a deposit is not required yet, but will be payable in May.

The committee were happy with the events programme set out.

 

4. Recruitment.

Julie reported that she has simplified the basic recruitment form and will circulate a copy to committee members to view. There is a second form in circulation pertaining to the individual’s service history. This form is to help with the recruitment of other potential new members. It was agreed to add the simplified basic form to the RNPA website and Julie will also put in on social media namely the ex-navy phots group.

Pete Bunting suggested that we let Julie manage the recruitment in her own way. This was agreed.

Julie will also set up an email address purely for recruitment.

Tony stated that he has recruited Ian Hayden to the RNPA. And is hoping to get John Farrow on board.

5. Welfare.

Peter outlined the role of a Welfare Officer, being the focal point of communication for members. He explained the role of the Armed Forces Covenant and Armed Forces Outreach Teams who are there to assist or point people in the right direction to get help with matters of health, welfare and finance etc. He will produce an article in the newsletter pertaining to the above. He has agreed to take on this Welfare role.

5a. Treasures report

Val gave a brief outline of the financial position. As of today, the accounts show a balance of £3165.46. excluding the deposit of £1500. Paid to the hotel in Edinburgh. This week she has so far received £920. In subs and £50. deposit for the 2021 reunion.

6. AOB

Ray reported that he had been in contact with John Foley in Australia. John was interested with the whereabouts of his fellow course mates and also informed Ray of the death of Eddie Rooke a former Navy Phot. Eddie was known to some of the committee members and Ray said he will produce a form of a eulogy for the Newsletter.

Steve stated that he has received renewal subscriptions from 70 members and has 30 outstanding. A renewal notice for subs was included in the last newsletter. It was decided to allow a bit more time before some form of reminder was sent out to those who have not yet renewed.

Ray was concerned that the association seemed to be losing contact with the serving phots. Admittedly, Covid had some impact on this. Danny mentioned that he has a good relationship with Aaron Hoare although Rob Harding was our point of contact. It was decided to approach Rob with the idea of getting Aaron on board to assist us in spreading the word of our Association to serving phots and specially to those about to leave the service.

Pete Bunting informed the committee that with immediate effect, there will be no fee to join the RNA. You can join at any branch and complete a membership form. This will entitle you to attend at any branch. Although a joining fee is not required, a donation on joining would be very much appreciated. Pete will put an article based on this in the newsletter.

Ian Hooper to set up the next meeting in mid May.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 20.04.

 

 

 

 

Approved______________________________________ Chairman