October 2002                 c. 1904

Times of services can be found on the Icknield Way Villages Church Web Site

Visit the Church web site : http://www.icknieldwayparish.com/

 The Holy Trinity Church is situated on the edge of the main village, close to the Saffron Walden - Royston road.  Until the early 1900s it had a timber spire on top of the tower. Pictures of this are in the Old Photographs section (click on button above). Apart from the loss of the spire the church's exterior appears to have changed little over the years. The largest of the seven churches in the benefice, it is a very handsome building.

The Methodist Chapel is situated in Crawley End. On leaving the centre of the village northwards, it is the first building on the left after Wire Farm. It was built in 1862 and enlarged in 1871. For a brief history see "Gazettes" in the Written Records section (click on button above)

There are more old photos of the chapel in the Days Past section - see "Crawley End" in Old photographs

                 Back to: